Clean & Healthy Roasted Cauliflower Mash
Every time I buy cauliflower I mean to experiment with new recipes, but often end up just chopping it up and roasting it in the oven because its quick & easy. After putting the cauliflower in the oven to roast(as per usual) I remembered I had been wanting to make cauliflower mash, so I decided to throw it in a blender once it was finished roasting to see how it would turn out. It was DELICIOUS!! And such a great mashed potato substitution when you are trying to keep the carbs and fats in your diet a little lower! So I have included the recipe below :)
- Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables:
- The sulfur compound, sulforaphane (which often can make people gassy), also has been shown to kill cancer stem sells; thereby slowing tumor growth.
- Anti-Inflammatory & Antioxidant rich:
- Although you need some inflammation in your body to stay healthy, it is increasingly common for peoples immune systems to mistakenly trigger anti-inflammatory responses with can lead to significant inflammation related damage in the body.
- Cauliflower is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients (those things that help detoxify your body and prevent premature aging).
- May also boost both your brain and heart health:
- Sulforaphane has been shown to improve blood circulation and kidney function
- Good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development.
- It is full of vitamins and minerals!
- 1 serving of cauliflower has 77% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin C
- It is also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic aciid, potassium and manganese.
Roasted Cauliflower mash recipe
- 2 heads roasted cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 freshly chopped garlic cloves or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cups cashew/almond milk
- 1/4-1/2 pack of clubhouse gravy mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450
- Chop 2 heads cauliflower and place on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, and garlic. lighly cover the cauliflower with tinfoil
- Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked(soft) put the cauliflower into a food processor or blender. Add 1.5 cups cashew/almond milk, 1/2 pack gravy mix and salt and pepper. Blend on High, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed until well combined.