BENEFITS OF PEANUT BUTTER & NUTS N MORE PB SPREAD
First: Nuts N More Protein Peanut Butter Spread is TO DIE FOR!
First I should start by saying that is not an endorsed ad. I have been wanting to try the Nuts N More spreads for a long time, but didn't for three reasons: #1 I struggled with this thing called 'eating entire jars of peanut butter in one siting', and was worried buying any of these would be complete self-sabotage, #2 it was pretty expensive and #3 I couldn't decide which flavor to pick!
When I saw the booth at the LA fit expo and saw they were giving out samples I was SO EXCITED! I went up and tried every single flavor..the Chocolate Maple Pretzel flavor was BY FAR my favourite. I still wasn't planning on buying any, but then they told me they were selling them for $5 and knew I had to at least buy one! I wanted to buy like 15 but I didn't have room in my suitcase.
Besides Chocolate Maple Pretzel, Toffee Crunch & Cookie Butter were also VERY good. All of the flavors were good, but some tastes mostly like peanut butter so I didn't think it was worth it to by a jar. They also sell almond butters...and I just discovered they also sell chocolate nut butter truffles.
ANYWAYS have been using this stuff on everything and taking nibbles out of the jar everyday..it is SO GOOD, & have had no choice but to eat in moderation because I DON'T WANT IT TO RUN OUT! It sells for 13.99 regularly online, & am now super sad I couldn't buy more at the expo!!
If you are a nut butter addict like me, buying these may be dangerous, but also so worth it once in awhile for a treat! It is SO good!
Second: Peanut butter has lots of Healthy benefits!
- PB is FULL of Healthy Fat
- Peanut Butter is full of heart-healthy mono-saturated fat.
- High in Valuable Nutrition:
- Protein: Important building block for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood
- Potassium: helps to lower risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease
- Fiber: helps with healthy bowel function & can help keep you fuller longer
- Magnesium: to fortify your bones and muscles
- Vitamin E: protection against free radical damage, balance cholesterol, and helps to naturally slow aging.
- PB can help suppress hunger
- Because peanut butter has a high fat content, it takes longer to digest which can help leave you feeling fuller for longer, which may help with weight loss.
- Your heart loves it!
- Various studies have found peanuts lower the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease
- Apparently your Colon may love it too!
- It has been found to reduce colon cancer in women
- Peanuts are FULL of niacin(vitamin B3) which can help protect against Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Impairment:
- Other benefits of Niacin are:
- It helps with the function of the digestive system, skin and nervous system
- Helps to break down carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy
- Helps remove toxins & harmful chemicals from the liver
- Other benefits of Niacin are:
- Not all Peanut Butter is made the same. Be sure to read labels and look for ALL NATURAL nut butters with a very short list of ingredients whenever possible(i.e. Peanuts, salt) with the exception of other ALL NATURAL Spreads like Nuts 'N More that contain a few other yummy goodies.
- Peanut Butter is also a very calorie dense food, and although healthy, over-eating it can lead to weight gain.
Tip for Natural PB: Turn over before opening to help the peanut oils and solids remix. Once opened, keep in the fridge for freshness & to help avoid mold and fungus.