Crockpot Vegetable Chicken Soup Recipe
So the first few weeks postpartum I basically lived off cookies, granola bars, bread and bananas -basically anything that was quick and easy unless I had someone else cooking for me! & Since bubs was born I was SERIOUSLY struggling to eat healthy balanced meals - so I decided enough was enough! My health is important and I need to make it a priority in order to ensure my milk is nutrient filled for baby too! So I decided to take out the crockpot and have it do most of the cooking work for me! (This is especially great too because I have not been wanting raw or cold veggies since its winter time!).
- 1 L vegetable broth(or chicken)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp better than bouillion (or 2 cubes)
- 4 cups chopped baby potatoes
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups broccoli
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil(or oil of choice)
- Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Spices and seasonings of your choice( I know some people are sensitive to certain seasonings while breastfeeding) - I used 1 tbsp turmeric, Salt & Pepper) - You can add garlic, onions etc.
- Pour Broth and water into the crockpot. Add Bouillon, Turmeric and S&P.
- Turn on Crockpot to High for 3 hours.
- Add Chopped Potatoes, Celery, Carrots.
- Chop Chicken breast. Add Chicken and coconut oil to a frying pan. Add 1/2 lemon juice, ms. dash garlic and herb seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook until white throughout.
- At 2.5 hrs add cooked chicken breast and broccoli to the soup.
- Turn off at 3 hours!
- Enjoy! This made a TON of soup and will last for a few meals between my husband and I!