Chocolate Protein Oat Squares
I love experimenting and coming up with new healthy 'macro-friendly' recipes! My boyfriend is always on the go at work and finds it hard to sit down and get in good meals, so I wanted to create a snack that was easy to eat with moderate carbs and protein. Through using what I had in the kitchen, I managed to whip up this little 'oat bar' (similar to bread/muffin consistency) recipe. Not only were they super quick and easy, but when I calculated the macros I was pretty impressed and knew I had to share this quick and easy recipe with you all!
- 3 scoops mutant isosurge Chocolate Cheesecake protein powder(any flavor will work)
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce( or 2 mini cups)
- tsp - tbsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil (for super low fat you can skip this)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, stir oats, protein powder, cacao powder and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour in 2 cups egg whites and stir until well combined. Stir in apple sauce and melted coconut oil.
- Cover a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper, pour in the batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares.
- You can eat plain, or top with Sugar Free(SF) Jam, SF Syrup, Protein PB Icing, Etc.
**P.S. If you use my fitness pal, you can search for: Carly P Homemade - Chocolate Oat Protein Muffin . 1 muffin = 1 square.