Last week I made my very first batch of home-made almond milk! It was DELICIOUS & I will write up another post about that later, this post is about the almond pulp leftover from the homemade almond milk and how it inspired me to create some delicious brownies!
As I began straining out all of the 'milk' using my loose leaf tea strainer (I didn't have a cheese cloth or nut bag or whatever it calls for), I noticed there was a large amount of 'almond pulp' leftover(I used 1 cup almonds for my almond milk) and knew there must be some sort of use for it. Instead of throwing it away, I logged onto pinterest and searched 'almond pulp recipe' tons of different recipes came up! I noticed a trend of brownie recipes being one of them, so I decided to give it a try!
Instead of using a recipe I just used the almond pulp as a base and started combining ingredients that I thought would make some pretty good 'brownies' based off the ingredients I had at the time in my kitchen.
- 1 3/4 cup leftover almond pulp (from 1 cup almonds used for almond milk)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice
- 1 cup SF maple syrup
- Sprinkle pink himilayan sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, stir almond pulp, SF Maple Syrup, 4 eggs and 1/4 cup melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add cacao powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and stir until well combined.
- Cover a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper, pour in the batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- I cut into 30 mini squares , but you can do 12 or 24 depending on the size you wish.
- You can eat plain, or top with Sugar Free(SF) Jam, SF Syrup, Protein PB Icing, Etc.
MACROS per mini: 62 CalorieS|5.1F|3.4C|2.3P
*Entire Batch: 1861 Calories|153F| 101C| 67.5P - Divide by 12 or 24 if you decide to make larger brownies.
**If you decide to make this recipe, you can log it in your My Fitness Pal food diary by clicking on the MyFitness Pal link, or by searching 'Carly P - Almond Pulp Brownies'
**Pictured below are 3 mini brownies and 3 chocolate chip cookie thins topped with protein icing, 1/4 cup light cool whip and a crushed graham cracker