Protein Packed Coconut Banana Almond Pulp Brownies
I can't stop experimenting with my leftover almond pulp after making almond milk!!! Today I wanted to try making something with a lot more protein, while keeping it moist and relatively low calories.
They turned out DELICIOUS!!! If you happen to try making them yourself PLEASE let me know what you think!!
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder of choice
- tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 mashed very ripe bananas
- 3 cups almond pulp
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all dry ingredients(Cacao, Protein Powder, cinnamon) in a large mixing bowl
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas and add almond pulp, stir until well combined.
- Add 1 cup egg whites to the dry mix, stir and add the banana/almond pulp mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup coconut over top
- Bake for 15 -20 mins at 375 or until toothpick comes out dry.
- Let sit, or cut up and serve right away. I topped mine with some peanut butter protein icing, as well as chocolate protein icing!
Total Macros per square (16 squares - can cut into 20 squares to make them be lower calorie as well)
- 135 Calories: 3F| 6.8C|10P