Crockpot Chicken Soup Recipe
I had the WORST cold a few weeks ago and all I wanted was chicken soup!! Since it is important to watch your sodium intake while pregnant I figured it was better if I made it myself so that I could ensure it was fresh and healthy!
- 1 Full White Onion
- 4 Large Carrots
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 full celery heart
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 900 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pot barley
- 1 broccoli crown chopped
- Pour Broth and water into the crockpot
- Add 1 cup pot barley
- Add 4 frozen chicken breast
- Chop all veggies and garlic to desired size and add to the crock pot.
- Turn on High for 4 hours. Mine was completely cooked by this time, so please check the chicken is cooked before turning off!!
- Enjoy! Made a TON of soup.. kind of more like stew..but was easy and good to eat for the week I was sick :)