Healthy Peach Crisp
I was craving some peach cobbler, but didn't have a lot of the regular ingredients that go into it so I experimented with what I had & it turned out pretty good considering!! It is also totally vegan and gluten free!
Health Benefits of Peaches
Peaches have been shown to ward off obesity-related diseases such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease. They are also known to have anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce the 'bad' cholesterol.
They are full of vitamin C which can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. The vitamin C in peaches also helps to improve overall skin texture, fight skin damage and can help reduce wrinkles!
- 7-8 fresh, ripe peaches chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- you could easily use 1 cup regular flour, 1 cup oat or almond ( I just didn't have enough oat flour left so I combined the two)
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Chop and pit all 7-8 peaches. (remove skin if you wish)
- Coat in 1/2 lemon juice. Add vanilla. Mix around. Add cornstarch & stir.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil & knead with hands until it is crumbly & well combined.
- Pour peach mixture into a baking dish(I used a ceramic pie plate).
- Distribute topping evenly on top of the peaches.
- Put in the oven & bake for 40-45 minutes. If the topping starts to get too brown, cover with tinfoil.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy! Top with a scoop of ice cream, or vanilla or peach greek yogurt!